At the world wide developers conference Apple today unvailed macOS Sierra. They are getting rid of the X to provide a more coherent naming scheme of their software along all different platforms.
A lot of new features are introduced as always. The ones who grabbed my attention was the following:
- Siri integrated in macOS
- Auto unlock your mac with Apple Watch
- Copy paste from Mac to iOS device and vice versa.
- Optimized storage (store files not used automatically in iCloud)
- Desktop and documents folder in iCloud, access them everywhere.
iMessage got new emojis and effects. Not really interesting for me but I suppose it will be a big hit. Apple Music was updated with a new redesign. Interface updates like tabs, picture-in picture.
macOS Sierra Release Date
If you register as an developer you can download the developer preview today if you want. Mind you that this is a preview and things most probably will break. Dont use it on a production system.
With that said you can sign up to the Apple Beta Software Program where you will be able to enroll your device in the beta program. This is free of charge by the way. Feel free to sign up if you want to test-drive macOS Sierra.
The finished release will be fall this year.
The System Requirements
To run this system you need the following hardware.
- MacBook – Late 2009 and later
- iMac – Late 2009 and later
- MacBook Air – 2010 and later
- MacBook Pro – 2010 and later
- Mac Mini – 2010 and later
- Mac Pro – 2010 and later
What do you think about this? Share your thoughs in the comments.